Coeliac’s – Risotto is your new best friend! It is delicious, and only gets better when you add a whole lot of white wine. This is also great with seafood but lasts better in the fridge to be re-microwaved when its chicken. It also makes A LOT, you could feed 6 easily.. A great, easy option to make for a dinner party.
1&½ litres gluten free chicken stock
300ml dry white wine
1 onion, finely chopped
600g chicken breasts cut into 2cm cubes
600g arborio rice
1 cup frozen peas
100g mushrooms, sliced
90g parmesan cheese
3 tbsp fresh parsely, finely chopped
- Heat the stock and wine over medium heat in a saucepan.
- In a deep heavy-based pan, melt half the butter over low heat and cook onion until soft. Add chicken and stir for a minute or so, or until chicken is just browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and once melted add rice and increase heat to moderate. Add vegetables and 250ml of the stock and wine mixture and bring to a simmer whilst stirring constantly. As the liquid is absorbed, add another 250ml of stock and continue until all stock is used.
- After 15 minutes, taste the rice and check it is cooked.
- Remove risotto from heat, stir through parmesan, parsley and chicken, cover and leave to rest for 2 minutes before serving.