Today’s recipe is one of my family favourites. Since my diagnosis as a coeliac, my entire family has been digging up recipes that are either naturally gluten-free or can easily be made so. Beef in Coconut with Spinach is not only gluten-free by nature, but delicious too.
Pepper and coriander paste:
-1 tbsp garlic
– 2 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp cracked black peppercorns
– 2 cups whole fresh coriander
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
Bunch of spinach, green bits roughly chopped
500g of rump, finely sliced
4 cups of coconut milk
2 stems finely chopped lemongrass
1 tbsp galangal
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp sugar
- Put all the pepper and coriander paste ingredients in a blender and pulse until finely chopped and combined.
- Put coconut milk, pepper and coriander paste, lemongrass, galangal, fish sauce and sugar into a non-stick frypan and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer, add the beef, and cook gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for eight to ten minutes.
- Serve with rice.