Having gone through a huge ‘I-need-to-buy-800-gluten-free-cookbooks’ stage, I am now slowly working my way through the dog-eared pages of recipe’s I think sound delicious! Paired with the Artisan Kitchenaid Mixmaster my father gave me for my birthday, it has resulted in a baking-spree! A big win was the Banana and Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins – try them for yourself and find our just how good they are!
1 cup millet flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1&1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt
2 ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup dark choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the millet and brown rice flours, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bananas, sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Finely chop the walnuts. Stir the walnuts and the choc chips into the mixture.
- Put patty-cake liners/muffin cases into a tray and spoon mixture into each one until 2/3 full (usually about 2 heaped tablespoons).
- Back for 20-25 minutes, or until they are browned on top and spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Flat Belly Diet! Gluten Free Cookbook, Rodale (2013)