So last night you got to hear about Alex and I’s dinner but I left out the best bit – dessert! Having seen this in the newspaper and scanned the ingredients to see it was GF I had to try making it… and man was it delicious!
500g fresh or 300g frozen raspberries
1 cup castor sugar
6 egg whites
A pinch of salt
100g caster sugar
Butter for greasing
2 tbsp icing sugar
Additional raspberries and ice-cream to serve (optional)
- Puree the raspberries and place into a small saucepan. Add the sugar and bring to the boil, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved. Turn the heat down and allow to simmer for around 10 minutes, until it thickens into a jam-like consistency.
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt, gradually adding the extra sugar until stiff peaks form.
- With the beaters still on, spoon in 5 tablespoons of the raspberry mixture. Turn the beaters off and gently fold through 3 more tablespoons of the raspberry mixture – check to taste it has a delicate raspberry flavour, if needed add one or two more.
- Grease souffle moulds with butter and dust with icing sugar. Spoon the souffle mixture into the moulds and bake in the over for about 8 minutes, or until the souffles have risen well above the rim of the moulds and are lightly browned on top.
- Serve with the raspberries and ice-cream of enjoy it just by itself.