One of the hardest things about being a coeliac is eating out! Luckily, there are some great and easy recipes around which make it worry-free to invite friends over for dinner instead. I had my friend Alex over for dinner tonight and we decided this recipe was definitely worth sharing.
2 tablespoons oil (take your pick)
4 pork chops
2 red onions, thinly sliced
2 Granny smith apples, cut into 1cm slices
3 garlic cloves
200ml apple cider
A handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick frypan.
- Lightly salt and pepper the pork chops and add to the frypan, cooking until lightly browned on each side. Transfer to a plate and put to a side.
- Add the other tbsp of oil to the pan and on a warm heat cook the onion, garlic and apple until they are slightly soft (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the cider and cook for a further 3 minutes before adding the pork chops again and cooking for 2 minutes on each side.
- Divide the pork chops onto plates (1 each typically or if your hungry 2) and top with the apples and onion mix and any juices. Sprinkle with the walnuts.
P.s. Heres a photo of Alex having enjoyed his dinner :)